Welcome to GSLUG - The Greater Seattle Linux Users Group!
Meetings and Upcoming Events
Next GSLUG Monthly Meeting
Every Thursday Evening AFTER the last Monthly meeting at 19:00 (7PM) in the IRC (#gslug on FreeNode).
- January - West Seattle - One Cup Shoreline - Meeting_2016-01-09
- February - North King County - Kenmore Library - Meeting_2016-02-13
- March - Downtown/Central Seattle - ALTSpace - Meeting_2016-03-12
- April - South King County - KCLS Tukwilla - mjevans
- May - South King County - KCLS Burien - mjevans
- June - North (West) King County - KCLS Lake Forest Park - mjevans
- July - Core Seattle - SPL Capitol Hill - mjevans
- August - picnic - Salt
- September - One Cup Shoreline - Meeting_2016-09-10
- October - NSCC - koanhead
- November - SeaGL - Salt
- December - NSCC - koanhead
Please help us fill up this list! See Future Event Planning for details.
GSLUG meets every month on the 2nd Saturday from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Our meetings are free to attend & open to the public. All ages are welcome. We typically have anywhere from 15-30 in attendance, ranging from beginning ("newbies") to advanced users. There is a mix of short and in-depth talks. Meetings will also be the place to hear about any upcoming GNU/Linux & Free Software-related events, announce any of your own job-related or project stuff, and of course - the infamous GSLUG Raffle!
Other Notable Events
- Mailing Lists - Join the GSLUG mailing lists to stay informed and discuss all things GSLUG.
- IRC - Chat in real-time with other GSLUG members.
- Future Event Planning - Help us plan upcoming meetings and other events.
- Member Pages - Bios of various GSLUG members.
- Planet GSLUG - blogs of GSLUG members. Add yours?!
- GSLUG Calendar - View the GSLUG events calendar, add it to your Google account, sync with iCal/XML - stay informed!
- Project Planning - Fun GSLUG Projects requesting your participation.
- Lecture Topics - Topics you'd like to hear, or topics you're willing to present.
- To Do Page - bite-sized chunks of things that need to get done.
- Have a suggestion for this page? Discuss this page.
The Greater Seattle Linux Users Group is a local organization of people in the Seattle Metropolitan area that wish to collaborate on subjects pertaining to Linux and Open Source Software in general. Monthly meetings since 1994 and an active mailing list help to make this possible.
GSLUG is a Linux Users Group, which means it's mainly comprised of people who use Linux on a day-to-day basis for work and fun, and it is also the premier place for people to come and learn more about Linux and Open Source Software, whether you've never used Linux before, or if you're a seasoned kernel developer, GSLUG is an excellent place to meet new people, learn things you never knew before, and share great ideas.
What is Linux and Free Software?
GNU Linux is a free operating system developed by a worldwide community of volunteers that runs most any computer and is free to use, dissect, modify, and redistribute.
- Are you new to the wonderfull world of wikis? Please read New Users for help and etiquette. See also MediaWiki Formatting Rules.
- Wanna play around with wiki? Please do it in the Sandbox.
- Here is a page for administrative notes and a changelog of the Wiki system, forums, and website in general: Site History.