Hats that should be filled:
- Host* - runs meeting - Michael
- Recorder* - takes notes and headcount
- Videographer* - records and uploads videos of talks
- Reporter - follows linux news and distro releases - Johnny
- Space coordinator - arranges meeting space with two month buffer
- Talk coordinator - selects topic, arranges keynote and lightning speakers
- BoaF coordinator - maintains list of active interests, selects based on number of attendees
- Wiki maintainer - runs in-person signup, updates unlocked page to current month - koanhead
- System administrator - keeps lights on and software up-to-date - Michael
- Outreach coordinator - distributes flyers and handouts, updates facebook, twitter, meetup, etc.
- Mailinglist moderator - adds people from sign-up sheet, promotes weekly discussion
- Events coordinator - arranges conferences, software freedom day, day against drm, etc.
- Finances coordinator - handles donations, maintains list of current and possible sponsors - Michael
- Pro-social advocate* - guide to good conduct
- * must be at every meeting
Current Hat Wearers
- Salt -> irc op
- mjevans -> irc op, wiki admin
- koanhead -> irc op, wiki admin
- Bri Hatch -> shadowy overlord
Meeting Rotation List
Things that need addressing:
- Future Event Planning
- backup the site
- Often not updating http://gslug.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Unlockedpages
Some discussion of these things has been moved to Talk:TODO
- Code of Conduct
- Talk about Non-profit / umbrella status
- About what is our History, what are our goals?
Organizer Meeting Items
- Where will our next meetings be at? Who is going to be the organizer for that meeting.
- What topic will be at the next meeting? At the next meeting after?
- Discuss Honor Code
- Do we want A/V recording at some/all meetings?
- Move talk to Talk: page Future Event Planning
- Ubuntu Wiki - Working With Other User Groups
- Ubuntu Wiki - Local Community team leadership
- Ubuntu Wiki - Creating a Website for your LoCo Team
- Ubuntu Wiki - LoCo Computer Fair Howto
- Ubuntu Wiki - Conference Top Tips
- Washington LoCo
Things that need doing by anyone willing to help out.
- Create a Mirrors page with a table listing FTP/HTTP/RSYNC sites near to Washington state and PNW that offer downloads of various distros. Include pipe-size, distros, ISOS (yes/no) and last-checked-date. See http://lists.ifokr.org/pipermail/gslug-general/2008-November/001211.html for raw material.
Categorize wiki pages- done as of 20151020, see Categories when editing (this is an ongoing task for wiki maintenance
Create a nice GSLUG Logocheck
- Break up gslug website rewrite project into pieces members can take part in
Feel free to add more ideas here.
--Fostermarkd 23:18, 25 November 2006 (PST)