Revision as of 22:11, 27 April 2016 by Mjevans
Hats that should be filled:
- Host* - runs meeting - Michael
- Recorder* - takes notes and headcount
- Videographer* - records and uploads videos of talks
- Reporter - follows linux news and distro releases - Johnny
- Space coordinator - arranges meeting space with two month buffer
- Talk coordinator - selects topic, arranges keynote and lightning speakers
- BoaF coordinator - maintains list of active interests, selects based on number of attendees
- Wiki maintainer - runs in-person signup, updates unlocked page to current month - koanhead
- System administrator - keeps lights on and software up-to-date - Michael
- Outreach coordinator - distributes flyers and handouts, updates facebook, twitter, meetup, etc.
- Mailinglist moderator - adds people from sign-up sheet, promotes weekly discussion
- Events coordinator - arranges conferences, software freedom day, day against drm, etc.
- Finances coordinator - handles donations, maintains list of current and possible sponsors - Michael
- Pro-social advocate* - guide to good conduct
- * must be at every meeting
- FIXME other users names?
Meeting Rotation List
Things that need addressing:
- Future Event Planning
- Code of Conduct - but I want simple/generic, and more focus on handing different levels of errors. --Mjevans (talk) 05:01, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
- Talk about Non-profit / umbrella status -- now maybe with (formerly FreeGeek) libreMake?
- What libremake is: koanhead is looking into setting up a separate 'umbrelly' type organization in order to provide such status to Freedom-oriented groups. This is in the study phase and effectively on hold until after SeaGL 2015 or until someone else helps or does it.
- Count and verify the sealed container of GSLUGs collected donations left by Salt (so that there's a redundant check on me)
- Determine if the role of treasure is necessary or not... or if it will be consumed by eventual umbrella status?
- There will always need to be a treasurer role, if only to collect and distribute donations to the umbrella, also if there is a move to make things more "official" it is one of the three required roles of a board. William (talk)
- password reset emails not coming through - Check SPF records && lets encrypt... (may as well wait longer on this for TLS and possible host move)
- Talk to Bri about DNS updates. -- I am now able to edit the mailing lists 03:05, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- backup the site
- Often not updating http://gslug.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Unlockedpages
- * https://launchpadlibrarian.net/78745738/tuning-primer.sh
- * http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Aaron_Schulz/How_to_make_MediaWiki_fast
- About what is our History, what are our goals?
- https is good, thank you LetsEncrypt - EFF Let's Encrypt
- stickers - Have a new GSLUG logo - Salt's parting gift before he went on a world tour.
Organizer Meeting Items
- Where will our next meetings be at? Who is going to be the organizer for that meeting.
- What topic will be at the next meeting? At the next meeting after?
- Discuss Honor Code
- Do we want A/V recording at some/all meetings?
- Move talk to Talk: page Future Event Planning
- Ubuntu Wiki - Working With Other User Groups
- Ubuntu Wiki - Local Community team leadership
- Ubuntu Wiki - Creating a Website for your LoCo Team
- Ubuntu Wiki - LoCo Computer Fair Howto
- Ubuntu Wiki - Conference Top Tips
- Washington LoCo
Things that need doing by anyone willing to help out.
- Create a Mirrors page with a table listing FTP/HTTP/RSYNC sites near to Washington state and PNW that offer downloads of various distros. Include pipe-size, distros, ISOS (yes/no) and last-checked-date. See http://lists.ifokr.org/pipermail/gslug-general/2008-November/001211.html for raw material.
Categorize wiki pages- done as of 20151020, see Categories when editing (this is an ongoing task for wiki maintenance
Create a nice GSLUG Logocheck
- Break up gslug website rewrite project into pieces members can take part in
Feel free to add more ideas here.
--Fostermarkd 23:18, 25 November 2006 (PST)